Choosing the right venue for your event makes all the difference in the world for many reasons, including comfortability, catering, and atmosphere. Whether you’re hosting a personal event such as a birthday party or baby shower, or you need a place to have a corporate get-together, follow our tips for finding the best venue for your next event.
Your corporate event should create opportunities for networking, team building, and participation for your guests. Picking a location with the following elements will allow the attendees to work together effectively and ensure a smooth experience overall.
Configuration of meeting rooms – The size of the room will affect the look and flow of your event. You want to make sure you don’t overcrowd the space with too many guests, tables, chairs, etc. At the same time, you don’t want the room to look half empty either. After you know the number of guests you’re expecting, work with your venue to get the correct size room or outdoor area for your event.
- Flexibility – Check to see if the venue has an all-inclusive option or a way to let you customize different components to suit your business needs to make your event go off effortlessly.
- Wi-Fi/Internet connectivity – Most venues are equipped with wireless internet, but you want to make sure the connection is high-speed and reliable. This will ensure that all of the attendees will remain connected throughout your event, which is important for checking emails or promoting the event on social media.
- A/V and lighting capabilities – Having access to high-quality audio/visual equipment that has been well maintained is extremely helpful. Whether you will need PowerPoint presentations on a projection screen, microphones, or spotlights, make sure your guests can focus on the material you are presenting and won’t be distracted by any technical malfunctions.
- On-site amenities – Activities are a great way to incorporate team-building exercises or just let the guests enjoy a fun group outing. Consider booking a venue that allows you to experience activities like completing a corporate golf tournament on a challenging luxury golf course.
One of most important elements to consider when planning a memorable event is choosing the appropriate setting. Your venue plays a vital role in the overall success of your event, so make sure to find one that can accommodate all of your needs. Some things to look for when planning your next celebration should be:
- Accommodating staff – When it’s your birthday, or you’re honoring the upcoming arrival of a new baby, you want to be able to celebrate without worrying. Having knowledgeable and friendly staff can help lessen a lot of the stress and allow you to show up and just have fun.
- Quality of food – Food is always a highlight of any party. If your venue has in-house catering, they should be able to make a variety of cuisines, including ones that can accommodate special dietary requirements.
- Location – Finding a venue that’s conveniently located is key. Your guests will most likely be coming from all parts of Central Florida or even from out of town, so you’ll want to make sure they can get to the venue easily. Find out about parking/valet options beforehand so that you can inform your guests where to go when they arrive.
- Ability to add personal touches – What’s a birthday party or baby shower without a theme? Inquire about what’s accepted and what’s restricted in terms of decorating. Depending on the venue you choose, there may be an on-site coordinator who can help you set everything up or provide you with things such as table settings for an additional fee.
- Ambiance of the venue – Look at the venue’s site showcase to view photos of the location and its surroundings to find the spaces that will work best for the type of event you are hosting.
If you’re looking for the perfect Central Florida event venue, then look no further than Bella Collina. Our professional on-site coordinators will help you take your event to the next level by connecting you with the best vendors in the industry. Multiple indoor and outdoor spaces can be booked to accommodate your needs. To begin building your next personal or corporate event, contact us by calling 407-469-4999 or by filling out the contact us form on this page.